Skip to main content

GE Members: Don't sign the NEW “Authorization for Release and Use of Medical Information”

7/10/24: The Company has agreed to return to the old form. Thank you to all members who took action. 


After conferring with Legal Counsel, IUE-CWA Local 201 is calling on members to refuse to sign the NEW “Authorization for Release and Use of Medical Information” form. It waives rights you will need if you are injured on the job.

If you are injured at work: Go to the Medical Center (if closed go to building 89 guard shack), report your injury on the “Employee Occupational Injury and Illness Form” (example form above) and ask for your Worker’s Comp claim number. DO NOT fill out the back page “Authorization for Release and Use of Medical Information”. When you seek treatment DO NOT go to a company or Medical Center-recommended doctor. Go to your own doctor, and if needed, get a referral to see a provider you can trust. When you see your doctor, if the injury happened at work, make sure that is reflected in the doctor’s notes. If Worker’s Comp refuses to pay for your treatment call IUE-CWA Local 201 and retain a lawyer that specializes in Worker’s Comp. In MA, Worker’s Comp lawyer’s are FREE to injured workers; they are paid through the state’s Workers Compensation System, at no cost to you.

Link: Injured on the Job - A First Aid Kit for GE Union Members 


don't sign away your rights
don't sign away your rights